PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS RELATING TO YOUR USE OF OUR WEBSITE AND ALL OUR SERVICES CAREFULLY.
The London obesity Clinic helps people with weight management. Our team of experts help people with obesity and its associated associated medical conditions.
We use resources from Simplyweight to help people lose weight.
Simplyweight Limited, is a company registered in England & Wales (company no. 7094224) with registered office: Kenburgh House, 28A Manor Row, Bradford, West Yorkshire BD1 4QU, United Kingdom.
By using our website, and www.simplyweight.co.uk
and/or using any of the services accessible through it provided by us (the “Services”), you become a user and agree to, and are bound by, these terms and conditions for as long as you continue to use the Website or Services which, together, constitutes our agreement with each other (the “Agreement”). Our Services includes, but does not limit to: our free online plan and any paid online membership (100-Day Plan, monthly membership or any other type of membership). The terms, “Simplyweight online”, “Simplyweight online plan”, “online plan”, “membership”, “subscription” and any variation of these terminologies are covered under our definition of the “Services”. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalisation and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to the same. Variations in formatting, font, punctuation and use of the prefixes or suffixes such as “Ltd/Ltd.” will be interchangeable and also refer to the same.
1.IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS DO NOT USE THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICES.
If you do not comply with the Agreement at any time, we reserve the right to cancel or terminate your user account, and/or block your access to the Website (or any part thereof) and/or Services.
We can change these terms and conditions at our sole discretion at any time, with or without notice. Your continued use of this Website or the Services after the posting of revisions to these terms and conditions will constitute your acceptance of such revisions to our Agreement.
2.1 Your use of, or participation in, certain parts of the Services may be subject to additional terms, and such terms will be either listed in these terms and conditions or will be presented to you for your acceptance when you sign up to use such Services.
2.2 Certain portions, components, content and features of the Website are only available to individuals who purchase a subscription to a Service.
2.3 As a subscriber to one of the Services you agree to pay, using a valid form of payment detailed on the Website, the fixed and periodic charges and fees (including pre-payment fees) detailed on the Website, applicable taxes, and other charges and fees incurred in order to use such Services.
2.4 We reserve the right to increase charges and fees, or to institute new charges or fees at any time, upon reasonable advance notice communicated to you through a posting on the Website or e-mail.
3.1 Unless otherwise specified, we grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited right to access, use and display the Website and the material provided thereon, and the Services that you have subscribed to and in respect of which you have paid the applicable fees and charges, for your personal, non-commercial use, provided that you comply fully with the provisions of this Agreement.
3.2 As a user of the Website or a user registered to use any of the Services (a “Registered User”), you agree to the following:
3.2.1 You must be 18 years of age or older to enter into this Agreement to use the Website and/or Services. If however you are below 18, you can register on the website or join one of our weight management plans only if accompanied and supported by one of your parents/guardian on a continuous basis.
3.2.3To keep your username and password secret and not allow others access to your account or transfer it to another person. You acknowledge that we are not responsible for third party access to your account that results from the sharing by you or the theft or misappropriation of your usernames and passwords.
3.2.4The Website and Services are intended for use in the United Kingdom. You agree that you will only use the Services in a manner consistent with this Agreement and any and all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations. Registration for, and use of, the Services are void where prohibited. To the extent that the Services are not legal in your jurisdiction, you may not use the Services. The Services may not be used where prohibited by law.
3.2.6 Whilst we believe that the recommendations on our Website and Services will help you manage your weight we provide no guarantee or warranties, either express or implied, regarding your ultimate outcome.
3.2.7 You will promptly tell us of (i) any violation of the Agreement by others, including but not limited to, other Registered Users of which you become aware, and (ii) any known or suspected unauthorised access to your account.
3.2.8 We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor the information or material you submit to the Services or post in the public areas of the Services. We have the right to remove any such information or material that in its sole opinion violates, or may violate, any applicable law, either the letter or spirit of this Agreement, or upon the request of any third party.
3.2.9 You may not post on the Website, Simplyweight forum or any of the Services, transmit to other users, and communicate any content (or links thereto), or otherwise engage in any activity on the Website or through the Services, that:
- promote racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- is intended to or tends to harass, annoy, threaten or intimidate any other users of the Website or Services;
- is defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, obscene, profane, offensive, sexually explicit, obscene or otherwise objectionable;
- contains others’ copyrighted content (e.g., music, movies, videos, photographs, images, software, etc.) without obtaining permission first;
- contains video, audio photographs, or images of another person without his or her permission (or in the case of a minor, the minor’s legal guardian);
- promotes or enables illegal or unlawful activities, such as instructions on how to make or buy illegal weapons or drugs, violate someone’s privacy, harm or harass another person, obtain others’ identity information, create or disseminate computer viruses, or circumvent copy-protect devices;
- intends to defraud or deceive other users of the Services;
- contains viruses, time bombs, Trojan horses, bots, worms or other harmful, malicious or disruptive codes, components or devices;
- promotes or solicits involvement in or support of a political platform, religion, cult, or sect;
- disseminates or otherwise discloses another person’s personal information without his or her prior permission, or collects or solicits another person’s personal information for commercial or unlawful purposes;
- is off-topic, meaningless, or otherwise intended to annoy or interfere with others’ enjoyment of the Website;
- impersonates, or otherwise misrepresents affiliation, connection or association with, any person or entity;
- solicits gambling or engages in any gambling or similar activity;
- uses scripts, bots or other automated technology to access the Website or Services;
- uses the Website or Services for chain letter, junk mail or spam e-mails;
- is in any way used for or in connection with spamming, phishing, trolling, or similar activities; or
- contains any materials which infringe or violate any third party’s right(s).
3.2.10 You warrant that you will not provide inaccurate, misleading or false information to us or to any other user. If information provided subsequently becomes inaccurate, misleading or false, you will promptly notify us of such change.
3.2.11 You will not advertise or solicit any user to buy or sell any products or services through the Website or Services. You may not transmit any chain letters, junk or spam e-mail to other users. Further, you will not use any information obtained from the Services in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any user without their prior explicit consent. If you breach the terms of this subsection and send or post unsolicited bulk email, “spam” or other unsolicited communications of any kind through the Services, you acknowledge that you may cause substantial harm to us.
3.2.12 You will not harass, annoy, intimidate or threaten any of our employees or agents engaged in providing any portion of the Services to you.
3.2.13 You are responsible for ensuring that your computer system meets all relevant technical specifications necessary to use the Website and is compatible with the Website.
3.2.14 We will try to make the Website available but cannot guarantee or warrant that the Website will operate continuously or without interruptions or is error free and can accept no liability for its unavailability.
3.2.15 You must not attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website and, in particular, you must not attempt to circumvent security, tamper with, hack into, or otherwise disrupt any computer system, server, website, router or any other Internet connected device.
3.2.16 Your privilege to use this Website including our forums, blogs and contribution to any discussions depends on your compliance with the community standards and conduct guidelines set forth above. We may revoke your privileges to use all or a portion of this Website and/or take any other appropriate measures to enforce these community standards and conduct guidelines if violations are brought to our attention. Further, if you fail to adhere to our community standards and conduct guidelines, or these Terms & Conditions of Use, we may terminate, in our sole discretion, your use of, or participation in any Community Area.
3.3 Consultations & Weight LossPlans
The consultations take place either face to face or are booked as a virtual consultation. Once a consultation has taken place you will be emailed with a personal weight management plan that will be catered to your needs only. Virtual consultation does not replace a face-to-face consultation, however during the current COVID-19 pandemic we offer more virtual consultations to ensure social distancing. If you have joined one our weight management plan, it is important that you follow the instructions and engage on a regular basis. Outcomes will depend on your interaction with our experts and engagement with the plan. This is NOT an emergency service. In case of any medical emergency you should seek urgent help with your doctor or go to the nearest Accident and Emergency department.
3.4 Virtual Consultation
Virtual consultation is a service provided by us. Any virtual consultation by no means replaces a face-to-face consultation. The participants fully understand that the information provided by the consultant is not a substitute for an actual “in-clinic” consultation. Participants in this consultation agree to not hold any parties liable to the opinions given herein. Any information shared about your personal self during the consultation will be kept as strictly confidential.
3.5 Weight Management Plan
The weight management plan/package is an exclusive plan/package, which is personalised to your needs only. The fee for the plan/package does not include daily provision of food, cover for any medical emergencies or the treatment of any acute medical problems. The fee will also not cover any other cost of any other medications (other than agreed at the start of the plan) or investigations if required. You will be required to pay the fee upfront in full before the start of the plan. Your outcomes depend on your engagement in the plan. The results will vary from person to person.
3.6 Billing & Payments
Our clinic also has agreements with most insurance companies enabling your accounts to be settled directly with us. Invoices are sent to your insurer for direct payment; no copy will be sent to you. The clinic is not obliged to process invoices from other hospitals. Your insurance company will usually notify you in writing that your claim is being settled. They will also inform you of any shortfalls you may have incurred and explain the reasons for them. It is advisable in these events to contact our accounts department for advice. Any excess payments should be made directly to us. If there is an excess in the policy, this will be advised to you after we have been paid by insurers and you are then responsible for the repayment of any such excess.
4. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- 4.1 You acknowledge that the Website and Services contain information, software, images, photos, video, text, graphics, music, sounds, questions, creative suggestions, messages, comments, feedback, ideas, recipes, notes, drawings, articles and other materials (collectively, “Content”) that are the property of us and/or our licensors and are protected by copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets and/or other proprietary rights and that these rights are valid and protected in all forms, media and technologies existing now or hereafter developed. All Content is protected under UK copyright laws (and, if applicable, similar foreign laws), and we own the copyright in and to the selection, coordination, arrangement and enhancement of such Content or are licensed to use such Content (including the selection co-ordination, arrangement and enhancement of such Content).